Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Switched by Amanda Hocking

Do you enjoy reading YA paranormal? I do. And if you've read in this genra for long you find out that it can get stagnated easily with the same supernatural beings. If you're ready for an original read, then you've got to read Switched by Amanda Hocking.

I came across Switched one day when I was browsing through the Kindle store and the title immediately caught my attention. When I read the blurb, I knew that I had to buy it. So I did, and you know what? It is absolutely one of my favorite books. I also purchased the authors other books she had out which was the My Blood Approves series and they were all great! This writer has what it takes to have an original voice in this genra.

Switched is such an orignal novel. It's like a breath of fresh air. It's about trolls, pronounced trylle. And if you're expecting gross, gremlin type trolls or fuzzy headed trolls with jewles in their belly then you're in for a surprise. The trylle in this story are human in appearance and very beautiful.

The story focuses on Wendy Everly a very persuasive, strong minded young lady. Her mother tried to kill her when she was six-years-old because she was convinced that Wendy was a monster.
Years later when in high school, a strange boy appears in her life, Finn, who tells her she needs to come away with him. Wendy learns that she's been switched at birth and that she has a very important role to play in the Trylle world.
She finds herself under attack from the, Vittra, who are after her and she's not sure why. She has to trust Finn who becomes her guide into this enchanting and appalling new world. All she knows is about to change.

Amanda Hocking writes this story beautifully and it flows well. The characters pull you in and never let you go. This is one of those books that you can't put down until you've finished it.

So I've said enough already about Switched. Don't wait another minute, go read it!
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment