Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Torn (Book 2 of the Trylle Trilogy) by Amanda Hocking

If your not familiar with indie-author Amanda Hocking, then you're in for a treat! She's authored the My Blood Approves series based on one girl's love triangle with two vampires and Hollowland a post-apocalyptic novel about zombies and the girl who fights them. All of them are fantastic reads!

She is currently working on her latest trilogy of books labled The Trylle Trilogy. Switched, book 1, has been released and Book 2, Torn, is imminent in it's release. By the time you read this post it will probably be available.

I was fortunate to make the beta reading list for Torn. I started the book one evening and didn't put it down until I'd finished it at 3 a.m. the next morning. And yes, it was worth the lost sleep!

I don't want to say too much because I hate spoilers and so I'm going to keep my comments general about the novel so I don't give anything away.

Torn picks up where Switched left off. We follow Wendy's journey in this book as she meets some new characters such as Loki (a hunky, romantic Trylle, who has the ability to knock you out with his mind), finds out who her Dad is (creepy), and steps into the role she's meant to play.
What I liked most about this novel was seeing Wendy's emotional journey. I was able to see her changing from the self-centered girl in Switched to a more mature role in Torn. She realizes that there is a bigger picture for her to play and that it is quickly approaching. We see her relationships change and new ones develop in this book. There are some difficult choices she must make.
One of the most touching themes in this book is the changing relationship between Wendy and her mother, Elora. *You better get your tissues ready.* That's all I'm gonna say.
Wendy's romantic relationship will leave you confused, frustrated, and breathless. There are some changes in this book, but I thought that they fit.

Amanda Hocking has written this part of Wendy's journey beautifully. It is not to be missed. If you haven't read Switched, Book 1, I would urge you to so that you can better understand Wendy's story and all the challenges and changes she goes through in this book. It is a wonderful, fresh, original read and one of my favorites.

                                                   
Check out Amanda's site for more more info about the Trylle trilogy. And run, don't walk to get your copy of Torn!
                       

                     
Check out this awesome book trailer the author did herself for Torn!

No comments:

Post a Comment